My friend Kelly is a fellow wedding and event planner in Florida (we've never met, just know each from an industry "members only" message board). ANYHOO, this girl is a nut. A couple of weeks ago she created a montage of what kind of day she had as a wedding planner. This is her montage:
You can read about the details on the post on her blog. Stuff about creating a new DVD cover for a client, getting a tour of a gorgeous new venue, loving her Starbucks, shopping for a client, updating menus and budgets yadda, yadda. She looks so glam - hair styled and sporting Nicole Richie sunglasses. So "J-Lo". So wedding planner-ish.
And then there's MY kind of day as an event planner. Here's my montage:
(To view up close click on the montage. Hopefully I don't have any chin hairs showing.)
Left to RIGHT, Top to Bottom:
1. Went to the flower market to get flowers for Mariela's Birthday Party.
2. This is what greeted me at the entrance. I love gerber daisy's. They are just. Happy.
3. She's my intern. Don't mention anything about her height, she's a little self-conscience about it.
4. Stopped at McDee's before going to the flower market. So there Starbucks. Don't see a drive-thru at your place! Now I will have money left over to buy that McGriddle, and not spend it all on a Venti.
5. Yup. That's me. In my usual state of glamourousness - a baseball hat and no makeup. Didn't take a shower either, cuz flowers don't care.
6. I'm glad to see my lil' intern is very Green, and drives her electric car to work.
7. I wonder if David Tutera has ever had a power lunch at Funtown Hot Dogs?
8. All the flowers I purchased unloaded and in buckets on my front porch. Some one's gotta be the white trash on our street....
It was a great day.
Seriously, it was fun. I took Raina with me and we had a great time, she really likes to help me. And the flower market is literally across the freeway from Lego Land, and we have passes. So we went for a couple of hours which was also a lot of fun since we usually have "the boys" - dad and two brothers there, and they don't like to go on the kiddie rides. And it is so worth going there just for the Granny Fries. Omigawd. They are the best. They fry diced green apples, coated in sugary cinnamon, accompanied with a vanilla cream to dip them in. HEAVEN.
But I had to drive home like a maniac to pick up my son from school in time. Of course I hit traffic on the freeway. Took some side streets, hit every flippin' red light. When I got there to the school, they had him waiting in the office. The office ladies already know I'm NOT one of the totally-have-it-together-moms like all the rest of 'em.
But that's okay. They didn't get to see really happy gerbers....